Journeyman Line Worker
Job Title: Journeyman Line Worker (Central/Northern New Jersey)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a diverse generating fleet with a total capacity of nearly 17,000 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with Jersey Central Power & Light, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [JCP&L]
Jersey Central Power & Light is hiring experienced Journeyman Line workers for multiple locations in New Jersey. There are two regions, Northern New Jersey to include, Summit, Flemington, Washington, Boonton, Dover, Newton and West Wharton. The second region is Central New Jersey to include, Union Beach, Long Branch, Old Bridge, Freehold, Point Pleasant, Berkeley, Lakewood, Cookstown and Farmingdale.
Hourly Rate per classification
Job # 226 Journeyman line worker – $ 52.13
Job # 220 Troubleshooter D/E – $48.94 – $54.38
Job # 2201 Troubleshooter M – $50.74 – $56.38
• Under general supervision, engages in any work of construction, maintenance and repair of transmission and distribution lines.
• Demonstrating a solid commitment to all aspects of safety.
• Installing and removing poles, installing and changing insulator assemblies, stringing, splicing and tying in conductors.
• Working on energized lines when required and operating high-pressure insulator washers.
• Performing various operations such as transferring circuit loads by making cuts and taps.
• Making cutovers from old poles and equipment to new or temporary installations.
• Locating faults on open or grounded street light circuits.
• Demonstrating sound internal and external customer service.
• Inspecting poles, lines and co-worker’s equipment.
• Assisting with the directing and training of less experienced employees.
• Must be a Journeyman Line worker with at least 2 years of hands-on experience with electric utility or a utility lines construction contractor.
• Must possess a valid CDL Operator’s License.
• Must possess the ability to safely operate motor vehicles.
• Must possess skills in pole climbing in distribution and transmission, installing and removing poles, towers, structures, installing and changing transformers.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of principles and operation of transmission and distribution systems.
• Must have an advanced knowledge in elements of applied electricity including AC and DC circuits.
• Must demonstrate a questioning attitude to learn, produce results, and develop relationships.
• Must understand the practices and procedures for clearing and grounding lines and the equipment for the protection of the public, personnel and property.
• Must know the mechanical and dielectric characteristics and properties of the materials used in making cables and cable joints.
• Must understand the practices, principles of operation and the proper application of equipment as prescribed by the company for safety, first aid, and rescue.
• Must have a basic understanding of National Electric Code and NESC.
• Must be able to interpret complex prints and specifications.
• Must be able to perform heavy physical work indoors and outdoors in all seasons.
• Must prepare legible and accurate reports using paper documents and mobile computer.
You Must be able to produce qualification certificate showing you are a qualified journeyman lineman.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Please apply using the following link :
826 total views, 1 today